April 2, 2011

Today was my party.

Yesterday, I got to help mom make my birthday cake.

She even let me decorate part of it.

Mom and I did lots of decorating for my party. I wanted a "truck party"..."construction trucks".
I got to pick out the decorations and I helped to put them out...sort of.

These are my friends that live in my neighborhood.
I was very excited to have them over.

We built tool boxes.

Then we got to hunt around the house for little tools that mom hid.

I may or my not have cried a few times about not being able to go first. I informed mom after the party that "at Rachel's birthday, she got to go first". To which mom told me that at our house our friends ALWAYS get to go first.

First or not....our tool boxes were cool.

We played pin the stop sign on the construction site.

and "duck duck truck". I came up with that...I'm clever.

And then I got to open my presents.

Mom was really proud that after I opened the last present I didn't ask if there were any more.

Then we had cake.

I like to sing the birthday song to other people, but I don't like people to sing it to me. I told mom before my party that I didn't want my friends to sing to me...so instead, she gave them each a "streamer" and then she counted to 3 and when she said 3 I blew out the candles and they blew the "streamers".

It was a really fun party!

2 comments:

Jay and Kay said...

Happy Birthday, Dallin. Looks like a fun party. You and your mom did such a good job decorating... very creative!

Jaymerz said...

How funny he doesn't like others singing to him. The cake is adorable and the party looks like it was lots of fun!!