September 11, 2012

Kindergarten begins

It's been a week now...
since I started kindergarten.

This was me on my first day!


Everybody has been asking me all summer if I am excited to go to kindergarten.
I always said yes...because that is what you are supposed to say, right?

I wasn't really sure...I kept telling mom I was a little scared so we talked A LOT about how it was going to be. We went the week before school started to see my classroom and to meet my teacher. Then we went again so I could be just with my teacher and tell her all the things I know, 
Like...counting to 100 and saying all the sounds of the letters and pointing out shapes and colors and reading lots of words to her. I think she was surprised at all the things I already know.

On the first day of school I asked dad to take me. We picked up Kate and Trey and Kevin because they are in my carpool. I wasn't very happy when mom first told me about carpool...I actually was very mad that I was going to have to ride to school with friends and sometimes with their moms or dads...but mom told me to get over it. (the second day of school I rode to school with Kate's dad and it was SO cool...now I like to ride in my friend's cars more than with dad:)

When you get to school, you hang up your back pack on a hook by your classroom, then you get to go on the playground and play until the bell rings. When the bell rings I line up on a white line until my teacher, Mrs. Ball comes to get us.

I had a really fun first day of school! And I have had fun every day since. I wasn't sure I was going to like going every day...but it isn't too bad!


No comments: