December 11, 2012

24 days of Christmas countdown...days 1-10

Mom made a new countdown board this year.
Each day I get to unclip a paper 
and then I read it to find out what we get to do that day.
It's the first thing I do every morning!


Day 1:
open a new ornament for the tree.
I got Transformer ornaments
Cooper got Sesame Street ornaments.
Cooper was excited to put his on the tree...but he had to kiss Elmo first!


Day 2:
Write a letter to Santa so he knows what you want.
I really want a remote control helicopter.
I also asked for a picture of my family for my bedroom.


Day 3:
Grow snowflakes.


We took some white fuzzy sticks and shaped them into snowflakes.
Then we tied them to pencils and put them in water that I got to make blue.
Mom also put some powder stuff in (borax)...

and then we waited...and waited...and waited.


I didn't think it was going to be that cool of a project...
but our snowflakes are SO cool!
I even took one to school for "show and teach" day.


Day 4:
Go on a bike ride.
We didn't go.
Mom was sick.
It was too cold.
Mom still owes me that one.

Day 5:
Go to the dinosaur museum.
It was Cooper's first time.
We had a lot of fun.
I think Cooper's favorite parts 
were playing with the dinosaurs in the water 
and digging in the dirt for dinosaurs bones.


Day 6:
Get a new book
I got Pete the Cat Saves Christmas
Cooper got an Elmo Christmas book.


Day 7:
Make a snowglobe.
I got to pick out a couple little trees and a snowman.
We glued them to the lid of a jar.
Filled the jar up with water and glitter.
and I had my very own snowglobe...
I LOVE it!



Day 8:
Have cinnamon rolls for breakfast...
with hot chocolate!

Day 9:
Make Christmas trees


Day 10:
Family Game Night
Mom got us 2 new games:
Go fish dice and Phase 10 dice.
Go fish dice is way fun...even Cooper kind of played!
Phase 10 dice was fun too...but it's a long game so we didn't finish.


Can't wait to see what the next 14 days bring!


No comments: