August 28, 2013

1st Grade!

Well...It's official...I go to school all day!


I haven't been excited about school starting, then I met my teacher and I got very excited. Her name is Mrs. Beesley and she is very nice. The night before school started I helped mom make my lunch and I picked out my clothes and laid them on my big bench. I really like to wear collar shirts, so mom bought me enough to wear every day of the week.

I woke up early on my first day. I got all dressed and then woke up mom. She made cinnamon rolls for breakfast because that's what I picked. Then she made me pose for pictures. I really wanted to have Cooper in the picture, but he was grumpy and wouldn't stand by me...I was kinda sad about it, but mom reminded me that sometimes I throw fits and refuse to be in pictures too.

Before I left I told mom, "This is gonna be epic".

Dad took me to school and walked me to class. I hung my back pack up on my hook and went inside. We learned all about our classroom. We each have our own desk but they are put together like a table. We got school supplies and some books and we get to lift the desk lids and put them inside.

Something not very good happened on my first day. During my first recess, I was playing by the bars and when I reached up to grab one, I got stung by a bee. It hurt really bad...and I cried a little. I went to the office and the secretary gave me an ice pack for it. She wanted me to stay for a little bit to make sure I didn't have a reaction to it and she called mom. After she thought I would be ok, she sent me back to class...and I finished the rest of the day...even though it hurt still.

After school mom and Cooper picked me up. I was really happy to see them and to tell mom that, "it was not a great first day". Mom laughed because I seemed really happy even though I was upset about my bee sting. On the way home I told Kate and Trey (they are in carpool with me) all about how I got stung by a bee. Then mom asked me lots of questions about what we did during the first day...I would tell her a few things and then not want to talk anymore...but she kept asking questions...I think she might do that a lot this year!

I don't really like being at school all day...but it is kinda fun to be in 1st grade!


1 comment:

Jamie M. said...

It is still crazy to me they are in 1st grade. What a way to start school, poor kid!!