March 30, 2010

I'm three!!

Mom: Guess what today is?
Me:...(staring)...
Mom: it's March 30th
Me:...MY BIRTHDAY!...

Mommy made me "Mickey pancakes" for breakfast...
(no...it's not Christmas, I just like my green santa jammies)

I was playing games with Vic when Grandma and Grandpa Thompson called and sang "happy birthday song" to me.

Mom: who was that?
Me: Grandma and Grandpa Thompson
Mom: What were they doing?
Me: they were singing...they are so silly!
(mom wants me to apologize to everyone else who called and left me a message or tried to talk to me...after that phone call I wanted nothing to do with the phone and was being kinda grumpy about it)

When I first woke up this morning...I saw this...

Me: ohhhhh....Mom...what.is.that?
Mom: What does it look like?
Me: lots of mickeys
Mom: it says Happy Birthday Dallin
Me: ohhhh...D-A-L-L-I-N!
Vic: Dallin...did your mom make you a sign? What does it say?
Me: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DALLIN!
Mommy also made me a birthday shirt...it has a 3 on it 'cause I'm 3!

For my birthday, mom took me and Kate to the bouncy place...
Kate bought me a present...
"Ohhhh...flip flops...cool...I LOVE flip flops"
(they have buzz and woody on them)

we conquered the big slide...



...we had so much fun!

Mom asked what I wanted for dinner and I chose a cheesy taco...


Then I got to blow out the candles on my
"birthday cupcake"

I LOVE to blow out candles...but Daddy didn't video when I blew them out and I didn't want to do it again...mommy kept trying to make me...


I got to open some presents...Grandma Bonnie made me new jammies...Lightening McQueen and trucks. Vic and Mandy bought me new clothes...mommy was more excited about the clothes then I was. (sorry...I was having a hard night)

THEN...it was time for my present from mommy and daddy...they made me sit at the table and cover my eyes...it was so hard!

but worth it...


My new bike is SO cool!




I had a VERY happy birthday!

5 comments:

Jay and Kay said...

Happy Birthday, Dallin. Looks like it was a great day with tons of fun gifts!

Marija said...

This is so sweet. I have to tell you - I think 3-4 are the best ages for little boys! Enjoy :) Marija

AJ said...

how fun! Happy birthday Dallin. The time flies. I can't believe he is riding his bike so well. Good thing he got to yesterday...with the snow today he's out of luck!

Carol said...

Oh, how great! - his new gift is wonderful, and he certainly seems to love it, also. He was so excited, and I loved how he casually thanked Dad and then ran to him to thank him again and give him a big HUG! Wow, that really pulls at the old heartstrings. He is so adorable, and I know he'll love riding his new wheels (motorcycle/bicycle) - he did a terrific job - first time out.
Love, Nana T :)

Christine said...

What a champ! I love your new green bike Buddy! Happy Birthday Dallin, sorry we can't make it up for your party! :)